Fit for Duty helps us determine whether workers have the physical capacity to perform job roles. Without this capacity, workers (whether they are salaried or volunteers) are putting themselves at risk, their colleagues at risk, and the community at risk. In the emergency services, Fit for Duty applies to the testing and training programs for both recruits and incumbents. This is where we come in.
The development, or amendment of Fit for Duty programs requires a quality scientific approach. We’re here to ensure organisations are implementing the right Fit for Duty tests and standards. When the right Fit for Duty programs are established, there are many benefits for the organisation:
- Decreased injury risk for workers;
- Increased productivity;
- Improved compliance with fair work legislation;
- Improved compliance with discrimination legislation;
- Improved compliance with occupational health and safety legislation;
- Improved compliance with employer obligations;
- Reduced insurance premiums.
Services we deliver
Different emergency service agencies have different Fit for Duty needs. At Human Performance Science, we offer a range of services based on your needs and where you are in the cycle of developing physical testing or training programs.