Fit for Duty helps determine whether workers have the requisite physical capacity to safely perform job roles. Without this capacity, workers (whether they are salaried or volunteers) are putting themselves at risk, their colleagues at risk, and in some industries, putting the community at risk.
Fit for Duty applies to the physical testing/screening programs for both recruits and incumbents. Whether it is a one-off battery of tests or an ongoing program.
The development or amendment of Fit for Duty programs requires a quality scientific process. We’re here to ensure organisations are implementing the right Fit for Duty programs for their workers. There are extensive benefits to this approach.
- Decreased injury risk for workers;
- Increased productivity;
- Improved compliance with fair work legislation;
- Improved compliance with discrimination legislation;
- Improved compliance with occupational health and safety legislation;
- Improved compliance with employer obligations; and
- Reduced insurance premiums.